Classical Centerstage Store
Russell Oberlin: The Complete Recordings on American Decca 9CD Boxset
Collected for the first time and remastered from the original master tape, the complete recordings made by the epochal countertenor Russell Oberlin for American Decca. Unlike other countertenors, Oberlin did not sing in falsetto, but with his natural tenor voice, which he was able to carry effortlessly — a rare phenomenon — into the alto register. The voice thus sounded not only more powerful and controlled, but also more focused and pure in intonation.
Boxset Measures: 5" x 5" x 1.1"
1. Music of Medieval Court and Countryside (for the Christmas Season)
1. The Play of Daniel (A Twelfth Century Musical Drama)
1. Sacred Music of Thomas Tallis
1. Elizabethan and Jacobean Ayres, Madrigals and Dances
1. Handel: Arias
1. Josquin des Préz: Missa pange lingua (Motets & Instrumental Pieces)
1. Baroque Cantatas – Telemann, Buxtehude, Handel
1. A Russell Oberlin Recital (St. Godric Songs | Songs by Jones, Purcell, Schumann, Wolf)
2. Songs from Musical and Movie (First releases)
1. William Walton: Façade