Classical Centerstage Store
Karl Bohm: The Complete Opera & Vocal Recordings Box Set
"Karl Bohm’s name carries with it immense respect among musicians and connoisseurs in our most sophisticated markets, particularly for opera where his “gods” were Mozart, Wagner and Richard Strauss. Deutsche Grammophon proudly brings together for the first time his complete vocal recordings for the label – including the star-studded 1968 ‘Le nozze di Figaro’; the legendary ‘Zauberflöte’ from 1964 with Fritz Wunderlich and Roberta Peters; Bohm’s two recordings of the ‘Missa solemnis’, two Rosenkavaliers, three recordings of Ariadne auf Naxos, Wagner’s Hollander & Tristan … and one disc of new-to-CD recordings. Beautiful packaging and presentation.
• 70 CDs presenting Karl Böhm’s complete vocal recordings on Deutsche Grammophon, including studio productions as well as timeless live recordings from Vienna, Salzburg and Bayreuth.
• Additional spoken word recordings (in German) with Böhm detailing his relationships with Richard Strauss, Mozart and the Vienna Philharmonic: including one full disc of recordings new to CD (English synopsis for CD 70, ""A Life Retold"" available online)
• PACKAGING: A lift-off box featuring new liner notes by Richard Osborne
• The 1944 Ariadne auf Naxos available digitally for the first time
• Legendary recordings of Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro and Die Zauberflöte
• Wagner’s Der fliegende Holländer and Tristan und Isolde live from the Bayreuth Festival
• Two recordings of Beethoven’s Missa solemnis (1955, 1974)
• Two recordings of Mozart’s Don Giovanni (1967, 1977)
• Two recordings of R. Strauss’ Der Rosenkavalier (1958, 1969)
• Three recordings of R. Strauss’ Ariadne auf Naxos (1944, 1954, 1969)"